The church for Plumtree, Normanton on the Wolds, Clipston on the Wolds and North Keyworth
Church Hill, Plumtree, NG12 5ND
Welcome to our lovely parish church, believed to be the oldest in Nottinghamshire
Over 10 years of Christian worship, but still a church for today.
The church was founded around 837, and is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. Nothing remains of the earlier, probably wooden, church, but the underlying stonework dates from Saxon times.
The tower is largely Norman and the rest of the church mostly dates from the fourteenth century, although substantial rebuilding and redecoration was carried out between 1873 and 1875 by the well known Victorian architects G F Bodley and Thomas Garner. The Victorian workmanship underwent extensive restoration in the 1980's and the fine pipe organ was rebuilt more recently. The church is well cared for, warm and welcoming.
Updated August 5th 2015.